Welcome to the Negotiating Committee Blog!
Email us at email@example.com for topic suggestions, questions or general feedback.
Information on the blog is authored by your Negotiating Committee Members and is based on questions, feedback, and thoughts gathered from a variety of sources.
The blog is designed so that Flight Attendants have a real-time resource to ask questions and be provided answers in regards to the current negotiations process and the provisions of a tentative agreement (TA). In order to keep our comments section open we are limiting comments to questions only. Any question that is relevant will be answered clearly and accurately. Any comment that is speculative or based on personal opinion will either not be published or will be edited to include only the pertinent question(s). Please understand that this is necessary to provide a format that is accurate and provides Flight Attendants all of the necessary facts in the simplest manner possible.
Most of the time, comments posted on blog content will be responded to (publicly or privately) within 24 hours. Due to the high demands of the committee while in session, it may take up to 72 hours to respond in certain circumstances.
In order to keep the conversation relevant and current, the ability to comment on a particular post will close after 7 days. Once comments close, feel free to contact the Negotiating Committee directly.
- What commuter improvements can we expect?
- The commitment from management on industry leading pay is great news! However, pay rates are only part of the picture – are we sacrificing work rules and benefits for leading pay rates?
- Can you clarify the pay components included in our Opening Proposal (Ground, Flight, Delay, Stranded)?
- Can you clarify insurance premiums in the Insurance Benefits tentative agreement?
- Why isn’t the Negotiating Committee publishing tentative agreements of each section?
- Management has lawyers at the negotiating table – why don’t we?
- Why is the Negotiating Committee working on the “boring but important” stuff first?
- What impact will the new Alaska pilot contract have on our negotiations?
- There are too many restrictions on trading trips in Open Time – what improvements did we propose to gain more flexibility in our schedules?
- Has AFA United negotiated a starting pay rate of $40? We want that, too!
- We need penalties when management violates our contract, doesn’t follow timelines, or has technical problems!
- What does “Trade Jail” mean in management’s opening proposal?