- We’ve launched a new page on the contract website to inform our communities about our fight for a fair contract.
- The page includes ways for everyone to show support, including a petition, social media tools, and printable signs.
- Please share the page with family, friends, and community members and ask that they do the same.
As we continue our fight for a contract that respects our value and recognizes our contributions to Alaska Airlines, we must bring our family, friends, and other allies into the loop about our ongoing contract negotiations. Many of you have already started talking with loved ones and other community members about the hard work Flight Attendants have put into making Alaska Airlines successful and management’s failure to recognize our efforts with meaningful pay and work rule improvements. Today, we’re launching a new page of our contract website that will help you share our fight with others and give them tools to show support.
Introducing Our Community Support Page
Our new community support page can be found at contract2022.afaalaska.org/support. It’s full of background information about what Flight Attendants have done to help Alaska Airlines achieve and maintain industry-leading performance, management’s failure to live up to their promises at the bargaining table, and a summary of essential items management needs to deliver to reach an acceptable agreement. The page will be updated with new information and actions to keep our communities engaged as contract negotiations continue. The page also has some great ways for everyone to get involved and show support:
- We’ve launched a petition for passengers and community members to call on management to deliver us a fair contract.
- Everyone is welcome to join our Day of Solidarity informational picketing events on August 15 at our six domicile airports.
- A set of social media tools, including sample posts and graphics, to demonstrate support on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- A printable sign that can be displayed to show that our community stands with us. Supporters can also take a selfie with a sign and post it on social media to increase the heat!
Please share the new page with your family, friends, community members, and other allies and ask that they do the same. Let’s spread the word far and wide about our fight for a fair contract!