- Our Negotiating Committee met with management this week for the third negotiation session.
- Discussions continued and several Tentative Agreements were reached.
- The next negotiation session is scheduled for November 7-9.
This week, our Negotiating Committee and Mobilization Committee Chairperson met with management for the third session of negotiations. *Our Negotiating Committee is supported during this process by AFA International Collective Bargaining and Legal departments.
This week, we tied up a few loose ends by incorporating addendums and current practice in several sections. Additionally, we gained some improvements to a few sections where we reached tentative agreement. Discussion began on several larger and more complicated sections, meaning progress may slow slightly in the future. However, we remain optimistic about the progress made thus far.
Additionally, we determined the need for a new section to address non-rev travel and jumpseat priority, similar to what was included in the newly ratified pilot contract. This is in addition to the already planned standalone section on commuting.
*The Session 3 Video Recap will be published tomorrow.
Our Negotiating Committee will continue advocating for contractual improvements in future sessions. Be on the lookout for additional updates after each negotiation session concludes. The Negotiating Committee and management have agreed to an aggressive bargaining schedule, meeting twice per month, with our next scheduled session on November 7-9.
During negotiations, proposals are exchanged on single sections and discussed between parties. When we agree on everything in a single section, we reach a TA on the section and set it aside with the ability to revisit if necessary. Here is an overview of Tentative Agreements:
TAs reached this session:
- Section 3: Scope of Agreement – incorporated addendum, clarified management flying and maintenance of FAA Flight Attendant certificate
- Section 4: Status of Agreement – secured 100% increase on successorship/merger transaction fund
- Section 6: Seniority – incorporated addendum, clarified current practice on new-hire seniority tiebreakers
- Section 33: Charters – maintained charter bidding timeline and pay protection provisions, gained ability to preference positions
- LOA 1: Boeing Purchase Order – LOA 1 retired due to all provisions being met
- LOA 2: AAG Letter – incorporated scope language from newly ratified pilot contract
- LOA 3: Job Protection – updated applicable dates
Sections in discussion:
- Section 10: Scheduling
- Section 13: Uniforms
- Section 23: Insurance Benefits
- Section 34: Hotels
TAs reached in previous sessions:
- Section 1: Non-Discrimination
- Section 2: Purpose of Agreement
- Section 7: Probationary Period
- Section 17: Medical Examinations
- Section 18: Reduction in Force
- Section 20: Board of Adjustment
- Section 24: General and Miscellaneous
- Section 26: Association Security
- Section 31: Savings Clause
You can support our efforts by staying informed and wearing your AFA pin while flying and at company functions (i.e., training, CARE Retreat). We are Stronger Together, Better Together.