- We tentatively agreed to Section 34: Hotels, for a current total of 27 sections.
- Steady progress continues, with discussion ongoing on 9 sections.
- The next negotiation session is February 7-9.
This week, our Negotiating Committee and Mobilization Committee Chairperson met with management for Negotiation Session 8. AFA Senior Staff Attorney Kimberley Chaput attended this session. *Our Negotiating Committee is supported during this process by AFA International Collective Bargaining and Legal departments.
We tentatively agreed on Section 34: Hotels (details below) and proposed a Letter of Agreement (LOA) on Educational Leaves. Discussion began on Reserve and Exchange of Sequences, and continued on seven additional sections (details below).
Watch the Session 8 Recap Video
Listen to the Session 8 Recap Podcast
Our Negotiating Committee will continue advocating for contractual improvements in future sessions. Be on the lookout for additional updates after each negotiation session concludes. Our next scheduled session is February 7-9.
- Section 34: Hotels – gained improvements from new pilot contract (short/long stay, room quality improvements), updated and incorporated Hotel Committee processes, updated and incorporated pay for excessive wait times (transportation & hotel room), included self-help (i.e., reimbursement for booking own room) for excessive delays.
Sections in Discussion
- Section 8: Hours of Service
- Section 9: Junior Available and Premium Open Time
- Section 10: Scheduling
- Section 11: Reserve
- Section 12: Exchanges of Sequences
- Section 14: Vacations
- Section 28: Domiciles
- Section 36: Jumpseat and Pass Privileges (new)
- Section 37: Commuter Policy (new)
- LOA: Educational Leaves (new)
Continue supporting our efforts by staying informed and wearing your AFA pin while flying and at company functions (i.e., training, CARE Retreat). We are Stronger Together, Better Together.