- During Negotiation Session 5, tentative agreement was reached on Letter of Agreement (LOA) 4: Retiree Health Insurance.
- We also have a commitment from management to extend the Other Airline (OAL) commuter LOA.
- Discussion started on Jumpseat & Passes, Commuter Policy, and Air, Safety, Health & Security. Discussion continued on Scheduling and Hotels.
- The next negotiation session is December 6-8.
This week, our Negotiating Committee and Mobilization Committee Chairperson met with management for Negotiation Session 5. *Our Negotiating Committee is supported during this process by AFA International Collective Bargaining and Legal departments.
During session 5, we reached tentative agreement on Letter of Agreement 4: Retiree Health Insurance. We began discussing Air, Safety, Health & Security, as well as new sections regarding Commuter Policy and Jumpseat & Pass Privileges. We continued discussion on Scheduling and Hotels.
We also have a commitment from management to extend COMMUTER POLICY AND UTILIZING OTHER AIRLINE (OAL) CARRIERS… This provides continued protection utilizing OALs while commuting, until a new agreement with improved commuter protection is ratified.
Watch the Session 5 Recap Video
Listen to the Session 5 Recap Podcast
Our Negotiating Committee will continue advocating for contractual improvements in future sessions. Be on the lookout for additional updates after each negotiation session concludes. The Negotiating Committee and management agreed to an aggressive bargaining schedule, meeting twice per month, with our next scheduled session December 6-8.
During negotiations, proposals are exchanged on single sections and discussed between parties. When we agree on everything in a single section, we tentatively agree on the section and set it aside with the ability to revisit if necessary. Here is an overview of Tentative Agreements reached this session:
- LOA 4: Retiree Health Insurance – extended for duration of agreement
Continue supporting our efforts by staying informed and wearing your AFA pin while flying and at company functions (i.e., training, CARE Retreat). We are Stronger Together, Better Together.