- We began discussing Sections 15: Leaves of Absence, 27: General – Association, and 30: Training.
- Tentative agreement was reached on LOA 5: Sick Family/Sick Child, increasing the total to 29 sections. We are currently discussing 13 sections and 3 sections remain.
- The next negotiation session is April 4-6.
This week, our Negotiating Committee and Mobilization Committee Chairperson met with management for Negotiation Session 11. *Our Negotiating Committee is supported during this process by AFA International Collective Bargaining and Legal departments.
We reached tentative agreement on LOA 5: Sick Family/Sick Child (details below) and began discussing several sections this week – 15: Leaves of Absence, 27: General – Association, and 30: Training. Only a few sections have not yet been discussed – 5: Definitions, 21: Compensation, and 35: Duration. We expect to discuss Section 21 with the overall economic package in April, and finish negotiations with Sections 5 and 35.
Progress continued on several sections, especially 8: Hours of Service, 11: Reserve, and 16: Sick Leave/On the Job Injury. Several sections are close to completion, other than a few provisions we are waiting to discuss with the overall economic package.
Watch the Session 11 Recap Video
Listen to the Session 11 Recap Podcast
Our Negotiating Committee will continue advocating for contractual improvements in future sessions. Be on the lookout for additional updates after each negotiation session concludes. Our next scheduled session is April 4-6.
Tentative Agreements Reached
- LOA 5: Sick Family/Sick Child – maintained provisions and updated format
Sections in Discussion
- Section 8: Hours of Service
- Section 9: Junior Available and Premium Open Time
- Section 10: Scheduling
- Section 11: Reserve
- Section 12: Exchange of Sequences
- Section 14: Vacations
- Section 15: Leaves of Absence
- Section 16: Sick Leave/On the Job Injury
- Section 27: General – Association
- Section 30: Training
- Section 32: Attendance Policy
- Section 36: Jumpseat and Pass Privileges (new)
- Section 37: Commuter Policy (new)
Continue supporting our efforts by staying informed and wearing your AFA pin while flying and at company functions (i.e., training, CARE Retreat). We are Stronger Together, Better Together.