- We began discussing Section 32: Attendance Policy and made progress on Section 8: Hours of Service and Section 16: Sick Leave/On the Job Injury.
- We have tentatively agreed to 28 sections. Ten sections are currently being discussed, while seven sections remain.
- The next negotiation session is March 21-23.
This week, our Negotiating Committee and Mobilization Committee Chairperson met with management for Negotiation Session 10. AFA Senior Staff Attorney Kimberley Chaput attended this session. *Our Negotiating Committee is supported during this process by AFA International Collective Bargaining and Legal departments.
No additional tentative agreements were reached this week, but significant progress was made on several sections. Discussion began on Section 32: Attendance Policy and continued on Section 16: Sick Leave/On the Job Injury and Section 8: Hours of Service. Several sections are close to tentative agreement – a few are complete other than some provisions tabled until overall economic discussions. Our next session will focus on Hours of Service, Scheduling, Reserve, and Exchange of Sequences. We expect a significant amount of time will be spent discussing Irregular Operations (precancellations and reassignments).
Watch the Session 10 Recap Video
Listen to the Session 10 Recap Podcast
Our Negotiating Committee will continue advocating for contractual improvements in future sessions. Be on the lookout for additional updates after each negotiation session concludes. Our next scheduled session is March 21-23.
Sections in Discussion
- Section 8: Hours of Service
- Section 9: Junior Available and Premium Open Time
- Section 10: Scheduling
- Section 11: Reserve
- Section 12: Exchanges of Sequences
- Section 14: Vacations
- Section 16: Sick Leave/On the Job Injury
- Section 32: Attendance Policy
- Section 36: Jumpseat and Pass Privileges (new)
- Section 37: Commuter Policy (new)
Continue supporting our efforts by staying informed and wearing your AFA pin while flying and at company functions (i.e., training, CARE Retreat). We are Stronger Together, Better Together.