- Our Negotiating Committee is working to gather your thoughts, ideas for change and improvement, and any other feedback about upcoming contract negotiations.
- They’ll be using this feedback to help prepare our AFA opening proposal. Our Negotiating Committee and management will exchange opening proposals when negotiations begin and use these as a starting point for discussions at the bargaining table.
- Sharing your thoughts and ideas is easy! Check out the ways that you can make sure that our Negotiating Committee receives your feedback and that your voice is heard!
As preparation for contract negotiations continue, our Negotiating Committee is working to gather as much feedback as possible from our Flight Attendant group before preparing an opening proposal. The opening proposal will be presented to management when negotiations begin and shared publicly. Given that the opening proposal is used as our starting point for discussions with management at the bargaining table, it’s critically important that our Negotiating Committee hear about what’s important to you before they begin writing the opening proposal in late summer.
Wondering how you can make sure that your voice is heard? The best thing to do is to share your thoughts and ideas with our Negotiating Committee directly. Here are three ways to share your feedback that are guaranteed to directly reach our Negotiating Committee.
1. Our Negotiations Survey
In just a few weeks, our Negotiating Committee will launch a survey to gather feedback from every member in good standing (i.e., dues current) prior to the start of contract negotiations. Our Negotiations Survey will provide all of us with an equal opportunity to make sure that our voices are heard. The results of the survey are a key component that will be used to create the opening proposal and guide our priorities at the bargaining table.
Be on the lookout for more communications about our Negotiations Survey coming within the next few weeks. Get a head start by updating your contact information with AFA if anything has changed recently.
2. Direct Email to Our Negotiating Committee
Send a direct email to our Negotiating Committee at any time with your thoughts, feedback, or questions. This email address is a group inbox that routes to all members of the committee. Every message is reviewed and our Negotiating Committee aims to respond as soon as possible (though responses can sometimes be delayed depending on workloads).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Negotiations Feedback Form
If you have an idea, comment, concern, compliment, or any other feedback, you can send it in using a Negotiations Feedback Form. This is a great way to share your thoughts if you’re not looking for a direct response or would like to remain anonymous. All forms are reviewed by our Negotiating Committee on a regular basis.
Submit a Negotiations Feedback Form at https://contract2022.afaalaska.org/contact/feedback.